NTO NCAT Oven Model 4730/4731
Troxler now offers advanced infrared (IR) technology to measure asphalt content by the NCAT ignition method. The HMA sample is ignited using IR elements. This produces a very clean and efficient burning of the asphalt while limiting aggregate degradation.
The New Technology Oven (NTO) combines this sophisticated oven with an integrated weighing system to continuously measure the bituminous weight loss during combustion and to automatically display the percent of asphalt in the mix. The remaining aggregate can be sieved for gradation analysis.
The NCAT NTO has the ability to control the burn sequence during every minute of a burn cycle. By testing a broad cross section of asphalt mixes, Troxler has developed a series of burn profiles which allow the operator to fine tune each burn based on aggregate types of mixtures.
The NCAT NTO Models 4730 and 4731 fully meet and comply with ASTM D6307 and AASHTO T-308 standards and are accepted by state DOTs.
The NTO oven is very easy to use. The asphalt mixture is spread on mesh sample baskets and the basket assemblies are placed in the NTO chamber. Simply close the oven door and press the start key to begin the combustion process. Built-in scales automatically measure mass loss and percent loss and a built-in printer provides a constant record of the results. The NTO stores up to 300 test results and correction factors. Either positive or negative aggregate correction factors can be used for a specific mixture. Data stored in the console can be downloaded by a computer through the RS-232 serial interface. The NTO has many advantages over furnaces now on the market:
- Portable (weighs only 63.5 kg/140 lbs.)
- Infrared Technology (patents pending)
- Cleaner Burns (2/3 less emissions than produced by current technology)
- Oven is ready for testing in less than 20 minutes
- Test results are ready in as little as 20 minutes
- Current (choice of 15 amp, 120V or 20 amp, 208/240V line)
- Sample size up to 5,000 grams
- No filters or afterburners to service
- No solvents
- Delivered fully assembled
- Superior service and support facilities in the U.S., Canada, and abroad
- NCAT Ignition Method
Get in touch today by phone or send us a message using the contact form below.
Call +61 3 9404 2610